How are we all feeling today? I’ve been trying to get myself ready (throwing on a bit of makeup and curling my hair…definitely still staying in sweats all day), and it’s helped me feel so much more human! If you need some help feeling motivated or “put together,” I definitely suggest getting ready for the day, whatever that may look like for you!
My hair has always been the thing I get asked about the most! The cut, color, products I use, how I curl it, etc. So I figured it would be helpful to have my entire hair routine in one post that y’all can refer back to!
I have a pretty blunt cut, with just a little bit of layering throughout and some framing around my face. Super simple and nothing crazy (no extensions either). I actually don’t get my hair cut very often…maybe a couple times a year! I usually just snip off any split ends and give myself a little trim every month or two.
The hair color I have now is currently my natural color! Sometimes I’ll go lighter in the Spring/Summer and darker in the Fall/Winter. My hair gets brassy pretty easily (I don’t think the well water helps with that), so I always make sure to get it toned pretty cool to start with when I do get it done.
- Dae Shampoo
- Trader Joe’s Deep Conditioner
- Drybar Prep Rally Detangler
- Wet Brush
- Paul Mitchell Detangler Comb
- Drybar 100 Proof Smoothing Oil
- Strong Sexy Hair Active Recovery Blow Dry Foam
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer
- T3 1.25 inch Curling Iron
- Living Proof Dry Volume Blast
- Batiste Dry Shampoo
- Invisibobble Slim Hair Ties
SHOP MY FAVORITE PRODUCTS BELOW
MY WASHING/DRYING ROUTINE
- Thoroughly wet your hair, lather the Dae shampoo in your hands, and massage it into your hair/scalp for at least a minute. This shampoo is all natural, and will really clean your hair without leaving any nasty residue or stripping your hair of its natural oils. I’ve never tried a better shampoo, and I can go at least an extra day or two in between washes (I typically wash my hair 3 times a week or so). I personally don’t use a conditioner (my hair just doesn’t need it), but I do use the Trader Joe’s deep conditioner about once a week or so (it’s AMAZING and only $4)!
- After letting your hair dry in a towel for a few minutes, apply a few spritzes of the Drybar detangler, and brush it through with a Wet Brush or a wide tooth comb. Both are super gentle on your hair and will minimize breakage.
- Take a little bit of the Strong Sexy Hair blow dry foam and work it into your hair to protect it from any heat (try to avoid your roots).
- I typically let my hair air dry at least 50% of the way to minimize the amount of heat I use on it (and to cut down on drying time). Then I’ll part my hair into two parts (top and bottom), and dry the bottom half of my hair with the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer, curling my hair under (rather than flipping it out). I can do a tutorial on how I dry my hair on IG stories if it would be helpful!
- Take the rest of your hair down, and dry it in the same way you curled the bottom half. It’s that simple!
HOW I CURL IT
- Part your hair down the middle, and put one side into a pigtail.
- Take your curling iron (I use a 1.25 inch barrel to create those loose waves), and curl AWAY from your face, leaving about an inch or two of hair out at the end. Those are the keys to these pretty curls!
- Once you finish the first side of your hair, take out the pigtail on the other side and curl it the same way.
- Let your hair cool for a few minutes, then take a wide tooth comb and lightly comb out your hair to break up the curls a little bit.
- Take the Living Proof Dry Volume Blast and spray it up into your hair, then work it in with your fingers. A little bit of this stuff goes a looooong way, so this can will last you a long time!
- If you find your hair looking at all frizzy, take a bit of the Drybar smoothing oil in your hands and run it through your hair to smooth it out. And that’s it!
If y’all have anymore questions about how I do my hair or want some additional info on any of the products I shared, feel free to comment on this post or send me a DM on Instagram! I’m doing a full tutorial of how I curl my hair over on stories today…I know how helpful it is to see it all in action! 🙂