If you live in/near Bellingham or ever find yourself visiting, here’s a list of my favorite things to see/do/eat around town!
- Camber – Lots of Bellingham people love coming to Camber to get some work done and drink beautiful coffee. This coffee shop is so cute, and I love taking blog photos here! If you’re hungry, grab a waffle to go with your latte!
- Makeworth Market – This coffee shop is HUGE and absolutely stunning! Definitely be “that person” and take some photos when you stop here.
- Woods Coffee at Boulevard – Woods is a staple here in Whatcom County, and typically where I go when I want to get some work done. The Boulevard Park location is my favorite because it’s right on the ocean, and it’s connected to a beautiful boardwalk that you can walk down, and a huge park you can relax/play at! It’s the go-to Summer spot for all of Whatcom County!
- Cool Beans – One of my best friends works here, so I might be biased, but this cute drive-thru coffee stand has great coffee! Get an iced americano with cream, 1/2 flavor of white chocolate, and caramel drizzle. YUMMM
- Pure Bliss – This place has the best dessert, you can’t go wrong with anything you get there! The bakery has a ton of seating, and is so pretty! My favorite is the Chocolate Bliss cake and the lemon wedge. Grab a slice of cake and a cup of coffee/glass of wine and enjoy 🙂
- Acme Ice Cream – Acme is the best ice cream on the planet (thank me later). I love the butter pecan!
- Downtime Taps – This is a self-serve taproom in Ferndale, a town just north of Bellingham. They always have rotating beers/ciders/wines, and you can serve yourself! It’s so fun to come here with a group of friends! (21+)
- Aslan Brewing Co. – This place serves great beer, and even better food! The atmosphere is so fun, and the brewery is really cute! I love the bowls, waffle fries, and mac bites…yum!
- Bellingham Cider Co. – I prefer cider over beer, so this is my kind of place! They make so many different kinds in-house, and they’re all so yummy. A lot of my fiends love coming here for brunch on Sunday as well, and love it!
- Twin Sisters Brewing Co. – Twin Sisters is similar to Aslan, as in the food is incredible, and the brewery is so cute! Anything you get here is delicious, and the beer is amazing! One of my favorite places in town, for sure.
- Black Sheep – The best tacos, the best drinks, the best guac & queso…just go, trust me (21+).
- The Bagelry – The Bagelry makes New York style bagels, with a variety of cream cheese spreads, and they’re amazing! I love getting a sourdough bagel toasted with Italian cream cheese.
- Avenue Bread – This place makes the best salads/sandwiches, and makes all of their bread/pastries in-house daily! I love the Sedona salad and the Turkey Pesto sandwich.
- Our Diner – The cutest mom & pop diner! Everything is so good, but my dad and I love the Hashbrown Sandwich.
- The Birch Door – The BEST breakfast/brunch spot ever! This is one of the cutest restaurants, with amazing food. The Eggs Benedict is the best I’ve ever had. Or get the Apple Pancake if you’re feeling sweet…it’s incredible.
- Boomer’s Drive In – Boomer’s is a Bellingham staple! It’s similar to Sonic, as it’s a drive-in, but they have inside seating as well. Get a Combo #1 with an Oreo shake…now I’m craving it.
- New Song Church – If you’re ever in town on a Sunday, come to church with me! We have services at 9 &11am. You’ll hear a great message and meet the sweetest people!
- Babygreens – Half plant shop, half coffee shop. And they also serve beer/wine/mimosas…do I have to say anymore?! This place is seriously the cutest! Stop in, sip on a drink, and grab a cute plant to take home with you!
- Walk around Fairhaven – Fairhaven is such a fun little town on the south end of Bellingham! It’s full of cute shops and eateries, and it’s so fun to just walk around there and explore. Paper Dreams is a cute little store there that has a ton of locally made knick nacks! It’s attached to a book store as well, which is fun to look through.
- Hop a ferry to the San Juan Islands – This is one of my favorite things to do on a warm day in the Summer! Hop on a ferry in Anacortes (a town not too far south of Bellingham), and head to one of the islands (Friday Harbor is my favorite)! If you’re just staying for a few hours, you can walk on the ferry, grab lunch on the island, and do a little shopping while you’re there. If you’re wanting to stay the whole day, I suggest driving on the ferry so you can explore the island a little more!
- Farmers Market – Bellingham has such a cute Farmers Market in the Spring/Summer! Tons of local food/produce you can grab, and so many talented people sharing their creations! It’s always super busy though, so you might have to park a few blocks away and walk down there.
- Go on a hike/walk – Bellingham is BEAUTIFUL, there’s no denying it! It’s full of so many beautiful hikes you can go on. views you can take in. Check out…
- Artist Point, Mt. Baker (my favorite!)
- Whatcom Falls Park
- Squalicum Harbor
- Oyster Dome
- Fragrance Lake Trail