Summer is the perfect time to experiment with some fun drink recipes! I’ve compiled three of my favorites that are sure to help you beat the heat! Try the cold brew in the morning to kickstart your day, the lemonade while you’re lounging by the pool, and the margarita to end your day the right way 😉 If you try any of these yummy drink recipes, be sure to let me know which one was your favorite!
1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
1 cup sugar (for the simple syrup)
*3 TBSP fresh lavender (for the simple syrup)
3 cups water
1 1/4 cups lemon juice (about 6-8 lemons)
(Makes a small pitcher)
- Start the lavender simple syrup by mixing the sugar, lavender, and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil over med-high heat.
- Let the lavender mixture boil for 1 minute, then set it aside for 30 minutes or so until it cools down completely.
- Strain the simple syrup and discard the lavender leaves.
- Combine the lavender simple syrup, lemon juice, and 3 cups of water.
- Pour over ice and enjoy! Add some lemon slices and a sprig of lavender if you’re feeling fancy 😉
* If you don’t have fresh lavender, I’m sure dried lavender would work just as well, I just haven’t tried it!
NOTE: The lavender simple syrup would also be great in lattes or cocktails as well, if you want to make an extra batch!
Cold Brew w/Salted Maple Cold Foam
*8oz cold brew
1 TBSP pure maple syrup
**2oz milk or cream
Pink Himalayan salt
- Pour the cold brew in a glass over ice.
- Froth the maple syrup and the milk together. This is the milk frother I use, and it has a cold setting which is perfect for creating cold foam!
- Pour the maple cold foam over the class of cold brew, top with a sprinkle of Pink Himalayan salt, and enjoy!
* Any unsweetened cold brew or iced coffee will work. I either make my own or use the “Stok” brand of cold brew (you can find it in the refrigerated section).
** You can use any type of milk you like, but some may froth better than others. And if you don’t have a milk frother, I’ve heard a blender works well also!
1 shot (approx. 1.5oz) tequila
1/2 shot triple sec
1/2 shot lime juice
1-2 TBSP Coco Lopez cream of coconut (to taste
1 cup ice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender until everything is incorporated and the texture is smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
NOTE: Feel free to make it fancy and dress up your rim! Rub a wedge of lime around the rim of your glass, and dip it in sugar, salt, coconut flakes, whatever you like!